Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cristiano Ronaldo on Himself

If anyone else in the world had said this, I would have immediately dismissed it as a joke. With the possible exception of LeBron, who would have said it as a joke to get headlines because with no NBA I haven't been subjected to LBlowJ on Sportscenter for perhaps a week. However, there is only one human being on Earth who could actually say this in full confidence and mean every word of it. This quote comes from after Real Madrid's Champions League tilt at Dinamo Zagreb. When asked why he was heckled throughout the match, Ronaldo responded:

""I think that because I am rich, handsome and a great player people are envious of me. I don't have any other explanation.""

Let that sink in for a minute. Perhaps the most recognizable and famous athlete on the planet actually said that. Again, though, almost not surprising coming from this man:

"No, I mustn't look. They will surely heckle me. No one understands my beauty"

No comments:

Post a Comment